* * * * *
Who is Timothy? I’m sure, you’ve already seen him several times. He’s the hidden figure, creator, artistic director, hero, greatest master and spiritual leader of the brand ‘Timothy and the Things’. Everyone knows him … Ok, I have to admit that I’ve never met him in person but I almost feel as if we were best buddies. I’m certain we would be, if… By the way, I’m László Fülöp, co-founder of this unofficial company based in Budapest, Hungary. I studied at Budapest Contemporary Dance Academy between 2006 and 2010. After that, as a freelancer I’ve worked and collaborated with many artists and companies in Hungary and abroad, and created several shows as well. In 2016 I’ve got Viktor Fülöp Scholarship as an emerging young choreographer and in 2018 received a grant from the Gaubier’s Fund as a dancer, performer.
* * * * *
And what are all those ‘Things’ about? The core topic of my interest revolves around exploring and analysing, from every conceivable angle, issues relating to all forms of human social behaviour and communication. Completely without generalizations or prejudices, in a simple, pure and personal way. I find extremely important to let people see and understand those inner processes which influence and guide their acts and decisions on an subconscious level.
You can find some thoughts on our works -> here <- .
- Our creative works in chronological order:
- EMESE&EMIL (2011) // dance duo in connection to Eric Berne’s transaction analysis and game theory, got into dunaPart 3 – the Hungarian Performing Arts Platform’s selection
- THERE’S AN ELEPHANT IN EVERY ROOM… (2014) // received Rudolf Lábán Prize in 2015 // to what degree we can objectively talk about self-determination and free will?
- HYSTEROLOGY (2014) // a theater play about hysteria in collaboration with the German bigNotWendigkeit Company and Anna Biczók
- YOUR MOTHER AT MY DOOR (2015) // dance duo, co-creation with Emese Cuhorka, got nominated for Rudolf Laban Prize in 2016, got into Aerowaves Twenty17’s selection
- PLAN B (2016) // theater play on power games, coproduced by MOTUS / Alfred ve Dvore Theater
- WAITING FOR SCHRÖDINGER (2016) // with 6 dancers, coproduced by SÍN Production and Trafó House of Contemorary Arts with the support of STAFÉTA program, got nominated for Lábán Rudolf Award in 2017, got into dunaPart 4 – the Hungarian Performing Arts Platform’s selection
- HUNTING (2018) // our newest creation with 3 male dancers on the topic of masculinity, coproduced by SÍN Production and Trafó, supported by DNA